Sunday, November 9, 2014

Not feeling it today

All night I felt my throat swelling and becoming sore. I'm definitely fighting a cold. But I pushed myself to get on the treadmill to do 10 miles. A minute in, I had to run to the bathroom. I returned and started a movie on my device, great Led Zeppelin tune starts in...in fits and starts it felt great, easy, natural. I even did that math game that always tricks me into thinking I'm almost there. "3.38, well, I only have to do that 2 more times and I've got this."

I suppose watching an emotional movie was a mistake. As the mood shifted, so did my effort. I finally threw in the towel at 60 minutes, total of 5 miles. Felt dizzy and dehydrated as I hopped down to do my stretches.

Saw that my SIL did a 15K in the cold. Gotta hand it to her. She's driven and wouldn't let a dizzy spell or a sore throat get in her way.

Maybe next week I'll make it to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment